Ultra-activated ceramic Denitrification Brick shaped filtration media doped with Elemental Sulfur, for Superior Performance Characteristics
- Designed to be used in marine and hard freshwater aquariums with a pH of 7.5 or over
- Highest porosity and largest useable surface area, per unit weight or volume, of all filtration media available anywhere!
- Provides huge amounts of anaerobic surface area for efficient bacterial colonization for denitrification, along with sulfur doping to act as an electron donor to accelerate the process in freshwater, pond or marine applications.
- Laboratory tested: Provides over 71,000 square feet (6,596 square meters) of surface area per liter of medium. One brick has about 100,000 square feet of useable surface area for bacterial colonization.
- Also reduces phosphate significantly and dissolved organics.
- So porous that it wicks water and stays wet for days when drained, allowing bacteria to remain viable after an equipment failure and ready for the repair.
- Doped with Aragonite to buffer pH at bacteria level, preventing acid buildup which eventually would kill the bacteria and reduce capacity (which is what happens in competing products).
9" x 4.5" x 2.5" (approximately, each one is hand cast and dimensions vary slightly)